Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Donations...


I'm typing fast because I lost one post already...I know I won't be able to properly express what I witnessed on Saturday morning when we opened the donations. First we turned the Village into a *musical village* when we handed out plastic recorders to all the children! Mark kept apologizing to Monsour and all the caretakers for that. It WAS pretty "musical"! But one at a time a few of the plastic instruments bit the dust because the kids used them to beat on the concrete walls too! They had fun and that is what counts!

Then we (most of the house moms, Monsour, Mark, Marisa, Katiana and me with children running in and out) all packed into the small office with our 7 large pieces of luggage and went through them! Wow, I had the camera in hand and the noise level turned to excitement by all the caregivers when they realized there was new clothing and shoes for them too! It was amazing to see their excitement! I think they really loved getting the new items for the children BUT I THINK....they were SURPRISED to find new things for them too! It really was a very sweet moment. THANK YOU ALL who helped with money or items or prayers! We really made a difference!

6 comments:

zeeny said...

I am so glad it all worked out. I would have loved to have been there but hearing about it is just as good!

Kelley said...

It looks like Christmas morning!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Thanks for sharing details of your trip. I look forward to hearing more. Give Johny and JB big hugs for us!

Amy

AnilĂș Magloire said...

What a treat!! The best thing about a gift is the giving part!!
I can picture the whole scene already!
How very cool.

rags1523 said...

natasha and family- my heart is full as I view the photos and read the blog! What a beautiful thing to bring such joy to so many; all while struggling with your own worries!
Your family is beautiful- all 9!
Hug Via! and God Bless You!