Monday, September 17, 2007

The Big Bad Wolf...

Sunday night was a nightmare! We encountered the big bad wolf at dinner. We, K, me, and the other Holt family adopting two little ones were threatend by a "man" who wouldn't identify himself, to take our children from us and have us arrested for not having papers to prove our relationship with "these" children.

I will post the scary yet ridiculous story AFTER I come home!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Oh....and the man showed us his ID and he is a Haitian Gov't official! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I had to worry about the gov't officials threatening me.....I thought the travel warning was for all the thugs involved with kidnappings!.....hmmmmmm

7 comments:

zeeny said...

Freaky...I can't wait for you to get home! Be safe. I love you both!

Wendy said...

Yikes! I will pray for your quick arrival home--ALL of you!

Casey said...

I'm so scared for you! I hope you can come home soon! Keep us updated!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Please, be safe... I can't wait to read the post about your homecoming with K!

natasha said...

Thank you all...I'm trying to be patient but it isn't working too well. So, I just sent the details of what happened to my brother who is in DC in hopes that he will walk it to the visa office. I will send you a copy of the letter if you want....just e-mail me and I will forward it to you.....I just don't want to publish it here yet............

Maddie said...

OOO... FrEaKy! I wuld cry if he wuld have taken the children away! Hope 2 c u soon!

ange said...

The scariest man I ran into in Haiti was a police man. He is still there after being the meanest man I have ever witnessed! I am sorry you ran into an individual like this.
praying for you to be home soon
ange
www.havingfunservinghim.blogspot.com