Monday, August 27, 2007

We are GOING to HAITI!!!


Finally...we have plane tickets to go back to Haiti! It took me the entire day to purchase our tickets. Something weird was going on with flights changing right before my eyes! Because the flights were coming up different every time we did a search (and this was even happening for our travel agent) we started checking a later date which was going to require changing our Visa appointment. When I called our agency about changing the appointment I realized we may have to wait even longer if we didn't just try to work with our Sept. 6th appointment. SO.....I went back to looking for airfare on the 4th. At this point our travel agent had gone to lunch. So, I did a quick search on my own at Mobissimo.com and found GREAT tickets!!! Of course, I knew I needed to buy "K's" ticket to match ours on the return flight.....so I called and had Cheaptickets stay on the phone with me as I purchased our tickets....then the agent *planned* to assist me in purchasing "K's" ticket......well, she wasn't able to book the ticket and told me I would have to contact the airline directly. After going back and forth between American Airlines, Delta and Cheaptickets several times......they finally called American for me. Apparently, American Airlines didn't recognize the Delta portion of our tickets until Cheaptickets called both airlines (basically they repeated all my calls) to confirm they were REAL flights and could be booked! So.....lets just say, I will never be able to listen to the celebrated "Canon in D" by Pachelbel ever again without memories of 45 minutes of it playing over and over and over as I was sweating bullets about getting "K" on our flight!

THE GOOD NEWS....we are going to Haiti on Tuesday, September 4 and returning Friday, September 14 *WITH* Katian*a!!!

Please pray for us....the last wild card is the possibility of the U.S. wanting DNA testing. We don't think this will happen....but I'm nervous because so much HAS happened with our effort in bringing "K" home.

ONE MORE WEEK!!! I can't believe it!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

M Taylor said...

Yay, Yay, Yay!!!!! This is so awesome! I'm thrilled for your family :). Please, please keep us posted!!!

Kelley said...

We are sooo excited for you guys! All your efforts, blood sweat & tears are about to pay off!!! We will be anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new cousin!
xoxo

zeeny said...

Yippie!! Can't wait for you! I will keep you all in my prayers. Love you!

Casey said...

SO excited and happy for you! It must feel like a dream...and maybe reality won't set in til you're headed HOME with K! We'll be thinking of you and praying for you and looking forward to meeting K in person!

keep smilin' til your cheeks hurt!

Tana said...

Congratulations, Natasha! I'm sad I'll miss seeing you but under the circumstances, I'm also thrilled!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

OMG!!!! Natasha this is the best news ever!!!
I cannot wait for the post where you tell us you are back in the US with K.

Have a safe trip, and I hope you have time to see my dad :)

You will be in my prayers!

WOOHOO!!! I am so very happy!