Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Beside myself with EXCITEMENT!!!


TODAY I received a wonderful phone call from our agency!!! The best one yet!!! KATIAN*A HAS A PRINTED PASSPORT!!!!! I can't believe I could be back on this beach as soon as next week sharing this beautiful view with my daughter Katian*a!!! We have all worked so hard for this day to arrive! Katian*a has had a challenging week too and we have been praying for her. She attended her mothers funeral just two days ago. Today, I'm sure she got the news that she actually has a passport. What an emotional rollercoaster this has been! We are so excited and when Mike asked when the soonest day was that we could travel....I had to actually call him back. It took me 30 minutes for his request to actually set in.

We wouldn't know what to do without a glitch....so even the good news comes with a little glitch. We will wait until Friday to set the DHS appointment because there is a spelling error on the death certificate that needs correcting. Because of this little error - Monsour will have to make a 6 hour drive back to the court. He plans to do that tomorrow and hopefully by Friday we will have a date to meet with DHS !!! which could be as soon as next Thursday!!! WOW!!! At any rate, we WILL be traveling to Haiti very soon.....so I have much to do!

YEAH!!!!!!!!! It is a happy day and it is also my BIRTHDAY! What a great birthday present.....and the funny thing, my good friend Polly told me yesterday (after hearing me complain about how slow this was all going) "don't worry, tomorrow is your birthday and you will get her passport for your birthday." SHE WAS RIGHT!!! I wish I could describe the thoughts that went through my mind when I saw HOLT calling --- I did think of Polly's prediction and the moment I heard the cheeriness in Mike's voice I KNEW we had her passport!!! :)

4 comments:

zeeny said...

I need Polly to make some predictions for me now!!! Happy Birthday. Can't wait for you to get Katiana home! Hopefully we can meet her...you might have to come to us though! Love you

natasha said...

I told Polly all she needed was a colorful scarf and a cheap crystal ball and she could be in business!

We would love a trip to the east coast sometime!

love you too!
tash

AnilĂș Magloire said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I knew it would happen soon!!! You have no idea how happy I am for you guys. Please let me know how things go in Haiti.
I wish you nothing but the very best!!!
Love,
Anilu

Wendy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :-)